A good multi process welder is a pleasure to work with, not to mention a time saver and will withstand the test of time.
The best multi process welders are good for multiple welding processes, like tig welding, mig welding, are highly durable, and also lightweight.
On the other hand, poor multi process welders can make your life hard when working with them, and also pose a safety risk.
To help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 multiprocess welders of 2021.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best multi process welders available. Let’s get straight into the reviews.
Top 6 Best Multi Process Welders
|Lotos CT520 Plasma Cutter Tig Stick Welder 3 in 1 Combo Welding Machine, 50Amp...||
|GYS 031876 EASYMIG 140-140 A MIG/MAG/MMA Multi Process Inverter Welder, 230 V,...||
|ARC 250Amp Stick Welder DC Inverter MMA Welding Machine IGBT Portable 10A Plug||
|200 Amp Inverter Multi Process Welder with 220V Tig/MMA Arc Stick 2 in 1...||
|MIG Welder 180Amp MIG MMA 2 In 1 ARC Welding Machine Gas/Gasless Portable||
|ESAB EMP215IC 120/230-Volt Dual Voltage Professional Grade MIG/TIG/Stick Welder||
Lotos Multi Process Welder – Best Overall
- Most Popular Brand In USA
The LOTOS CT520 multipurpose is our top choice multiprocess welder, and boy oh boy, we are about to convince you as well!
It is able to cut through many types of metal up to 1/2” using its 50A plasma cutter. In the case you have got multiple jobs, this tool will help you switch between DC tig welding and DC stick welding in no time. It has a total weight of 32lbs, so carrying it around will be a piece of cake.
It features a duty cycle of 60% at max amps on all the processess you can imagine. You can equip it with an additional foot pedal, but beware as you need to buy it separately. Do not say we did not let you know!
It also features a 200-amp DC stick welder and DC Tig welder, enabling a high frequency start. It also comes equipped with automatic dual voltage/dual frequency.
It is the best for jobs like welding and cutting through stainless steel, mild steel and other materials, but it cannot be used for aluminum welding, it can be only used as a cutter in this case.
Our favourite features are:
- Has only 32 lbs, so it is very easy to carry around
- Perfect for tig and stick welding
- Automatic dual voltage
- Perfect for a high number of jobs
- Perfect for DC tig, stick
Regarding the price of this item, it is very well priced. But we really do not care. Even if the prices would have been higher, this would have still been our top choice, because we love it!
In conclusion, this plasma cutting, multi process machine is our top choice, and you should choose it too, because it is the best multi process welder on the market, and we can clearly see why.Check Price
- Very light
- Perfect for stick and tig welding
- Features a 50A plasma cutter
- Can be used to weld numerous metals
- Cannot weld aluminum
GYS Multi Process Welder – Premium Choice
- 3 in 1 semi-automatic 140A inverter welder that combines MIG/MAG (gas & no gas) and MMA welding processes
- Recommended for steel & stainless steel - MIG/MAG gas or no gas (requires fluxed cored wire) and MMA welding
- Ultra light (8.2 kg weight) and portable thanks to its ergonomic handle
Our premium product is this multiprocess welder from Gys. They manufacture their products in their own factories, so you know the attention for detail is more than perfect. This welder is compact, lightweight and very durable and features a Duty Cycle – 15% @ 120A / 40C. It is perfect for MIG/MAG with gas and no gas, but also for MMA welding processes. It also features an ergonomic handle!
This welder is very simply to use. If you want to adjust the welding parameters, simply use the voltage and wire feed speed knobs. There is also a chart on the machine, which will help determine the parameters depending on the steel’s thickness.
It has a reinforced mechanical structure with pads for increased absorption for vibration and shock. It also comes with an UK plug, if you ever need to change it.
Our favourite features:
- Perfect for many processes.
- Good for mig,tig mad and mma.
- It features an ergonomic handle.
As we have stated in the beginning of our review, this item is our premium choice, so it could be a little bit pricey, but we recommend spending a bit extra on it.
Concluding, we are head over heels about this multi purpose welder, and we highly recommend this mig and tig multi process welder it as it is one of the best multi process welders we have seen.Check Price
- Perfect for mig, stick, mad and mma welding
- It is lightweight.
- Features a voltage and wire feed knob
- Pads for increased shock abosrption
- The earth lead could be a little bit longer
Mishto Multi Process Welder – Great Value
- Only 3KG - Ultra-Portable 250Amp Arc Welder Inverter
- iGBT inverter technology Super stable DC inverter technology
- Fan cooled ensuring better performance and durability
This multi process welding machine is the ultra-portable tool of your dreams. It is a MMA welding machine with IGBT technology that will guarantee the user deep penetration, instant start and quality smooth finish, it also features a single phase 250 Amp DC Inverter.
It is the perfect tool for your everyday welding hobby, but also for professionals. It guarantees precise welding with all stick (MMA) electrode types. The fan cooling system will provide better performance and durability, and the protective circuit that prevents over current, over/under voltage and overheating. It can smoothly run a wide range of rods up to 4mm.
This multi process welder comes in the same box with the arc torch, the earth cable, and also a mask. It complies to Australian Standards (C-Tick) ensuring compliance and quality. It comes with a 1 year warranty.
Here’s a list of our favourite features:
- The IGBT technology
- The single phase 250AMP DC inverter
- Perfect for your everyday hobby, but also for professionals
- The cooling system.
- Mig torch and tig torch included
If you are on a tight budget, then you have come to the right item, as this item will help you save some cash, but at the same time offer you the best qualities a multi process welder has to offer.
We are in love with this multi process welding tool, and we highly recommend you give it a try, then you will also be convinced.Check Price
- IGBT Technology
- Cooling System
- Can run a wide range of rods
- Very easy to use
- The mask that comes with it is not the best
Susemse Multi Process Welder
- ①【IGBT module technology】Energy-saving and stable heat dissipation, suitable for welding different metals, like stainless steel, alloy steel, carbon steel, copper, copper alloy，etc.
- ②【Dual voltage】TIG200A is capable of true lift TIG welding as well as stick welding. Stick and TIG weld are both from a single compact, space-saving unit.Welding Amperage Ranges220V: MMA:...
- ③【Easy to operation】According to select the diameter of welding electrodes, the recommend welding current will be automatic switched. Also, you can adjust the welding current by your habits,...
This multi process welder from Susemse is perfect for you, if you are looking for a tool that is easy to operate. It features IGBT technology, that will help you save more energy than ever, but will also allow for heat dissipation.
It is perfect for a wide range of welding jobs, like welding through steel and iron. It can do your home DIY like no other, but it can also be used in the professional field. It is capable of true lift TIG welding, and stick welding as well.
It features a comfortable grip, which will make carrying this around a dream.
When we say that this tool is easy to operate, we really mean it. It comes with a system that will automatically switch to the recommended welding current, but if you are not satisfied with that, you can switch it to your own preferences.
Being very compact, this tool will not take much space, so that is also a plus.
The features that we think are the most important are:
- This item can tig weld carbon steel, stainless steel and many more.
- Has a comfortable grip
- Very easy to use
- Comes with a tig torch
This item is very well priced, and for the list of features it has, we would agree to spend even more on it, because it is very good.
We really like this tig welder, and we really encourage you to buy it if you need a new tool for your work.Check Price
- Can weld through numerous metals.
- Very easy to use
- Does not take a lot of space
- Cannot tig weld aluminum
Traderight Multi Process Welder
- ⭐ -✅HIGH QUALITY: Made from high-quality material. The overall dimension of the product is 34cmx44cmx23cm. Total weight of the product is 13kg. Power cable length is 1.5m, electrode cable length...
- ⭐ -✅DURABLE: High-quality construction is designed with durable and sturdy material for long-term use. Helps you complete your task efficiently with less trouble. Suitable for welding metals such...
- ⭐ -✅USER FRIENDLY: The built-in amperage display provides a simple yet effective interface, extremely easy to operate and manage. Equipped with calibrated dials to easily vary the current between...
The multiprocess welder from TradeRight is a high-quality, user-friendly tool that we really love. It is made out of sturdy and durable material which will provide you long duration. It delivers a powerful current with super stable arc force control, so it can be used in many fields of works, like fabrication, metal works and even repairs!
The built-in screen will provide the user a very friendly and intuitive interface, meaning you will learn how to use this thing in no time! You can easy switch between gas and gas-less operations, and it is equipped with a protection system which cuts the power supply if it detects an unusual surge in current or voltage. Excessive use can sometimes overheating welding tools, but this one comes equipped with overheat detection, cutting the power supply, keeping it more durable than ever.
The IGBT DC inverter technology will make your life easy, making this item portable and very convenient, as the inverters provide great output efficiency, but are compact at the same time. The built-in functions like MIG,MMA and TIG are also included. The compact handle will make carrying this tool around a piece of cake.
Can handle welding jobs like iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium and many more. It also comes with a one year warranty.
A list of the features:
- Good for mig, tig and stick welding.
- Perfect for different types of welding jobs
- Comes with a mig gun.
- Very compact
- User-friendly interface
Rest assured that this item is definitely in your price range, as it is almost a bargain for the features it comes with.
We highly recommend this multi purpose welder, as it is one of the best equipped multi process welders on the market.Check Price
- Perfect for different welding jobs(mig,tig,stick)
- Very easy to carry and store
- Does not have a TIG gun
ESAB Multi Process Welder
- Authorized Distributor Includes All Documentation and Support.
This multi purpose welding machine from Rebel Series really has it all. And when we say that, we really mean it. This one can weld anything from aluminum, steel, stainless steel and many more. It is an exclusive sMIG tool, or smart MIG if you wish the long version. It means that it constantly learns and adapts to its user’s welding technique, which means it will reduce the welding time for professionals, and in the case of a novice, it will reduce the training time. Learning to use this one will be a piece of cake.
This welder was designed with deep agricultural roots, so it means it is perfect for stick and flux core welding. The shell can definitely resist a “good beating”.
The innovative display comes with a large display, so you can get a very clear view of the TFT screen.
What we really like:
- It is not a “one welding type” tool.
- The shell is very resistant.
- The innovative screen.
This item can be a little bit over your budget range, but we highly recommend spending a few more bucks on quality.
Concluding, this product is one of our favourite from the multi purpose welders out there, and we think the manufacturer did a very good job designing it.Check Price
- Very resistant shell
- Innovative display
- Learns the user's welding technique
- Not suitable for mig, flux core and stick only
Things to consider when choosing a multi process welder
What is are multi process welders?
A multi process welder is a machine that can do most of the welding jobs, like MIG, TIG, stick, plasma cutting.
There aren’t identical machines, some might have a spool gun, other might not. Some might advertise the ac dc requirements, other might not. Some might be good for a number of jobs like mig and stick, some might be suited for others like ac tig, or maybe stick, mig and tig or maybe some might offer lift start functions. You really need to your research before doing this kind of purchase, because it can be pricy and if you choose wrong, the tool will be worthless for you, because one welding process is not like the other.
Know the power requirements.
Before heading into buying a welding tool, you should be aware of the power around you. For example, maybe your shed is not equipped with ac and dc current, but you might need it. So learn your power source before purchasing.
Know exactly what you need.
If you are in need of a MIG primary welder, then buying a TIG primary welder would not be the wisest decision you can make. Of course, you can still do the work with the TIG welder, but for MIG welding we recommend going with a MIG primary welder, especially if you are just starting out.
There are also welders good for tig and mig, but not as good as each one for its specific job.